If you are chasing that perfect smile, the dentistry of today will offer a variety of options that should help you redesign your natural smile. The only thing you should worry about is picking the option that is the best fit for you and your dental health.
Regardless of the teeth condition, every person wants a gorgeous smile with a complete row of pearly-white teeth. After all, the aesthetic part of one’s teeth has never been more important than in the last few decades. At the same time, achieving a beautiful smile has never been more affordable than today with the latest and popular dental treatment options. And none are so popular as veneers and braces.
Still, many have trouble deciding which option out of these two would be the best for them. Both are very different but giving equally fantastic results and finally giving adorning you with a healthy and gorgeous smile. But one of them stands out if nothing than by being the most versatile cosmetic treatment in dentistry— veneers.
What Are Clear Retainers?
Clear retainers are what usually comes after the braces treatment is completed. They can be a great solution when dental issues, such as one crooked tooth are minor. For example, if you only have a small gap between two of your teeth, retainers can solve your problem. Still, it would take years of wearing a retainer daily before you get permanent results. Clear retainers are made to be worn every night. They are also very discrete which is the reason for their popularity. However, clean retainers require frequent visits to the dentist to keep track of the re-alignment progress.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are custom-made shells or caps designed to cover the front of your tooth. The material is similar to enamel, but some varieties of veneers, such as porcelain veneers, can resist stains and have reflective properties just like a natural tooth does.
Disadvantages of Braces and Retainers
As mentioned before, the biggest disadvantage of braces and retainers is the length of the treatment period. In order to see results, a person must wear one or both of those for years, and it takes a lot of effort, dedication and perseverance. Because having a beautiful smile is important to younger generations as it impacts their self-esteem, braces and retainers in most cases come out as redundant methods.
Not to mention, braces can put you back a couple of thousands of pounds, while retainers are affordable but have a life span of around two years. This means you could go through quite a few retainers until you reach the desired results. Still, for serious teeth misalignments and dental issues, you should always consider braces.
What Makes Veneers So Special?
The most prominent feature of veneers is their quick application and lasting results. Therefore, they are considered an excellent solution for people with mild dental conditions such as chipped teeth, discoloured teeth, or irregularly shaped teeth. This means that veneers could quickly fix minor dental health issues, but the treatment is not as costly as braces.
If veneers are what you want and need, then the good news is you could have your perfect smile after just a few visits to your dentist. Furthermore, there are various types of veneers, and each type can look quite natural or have additional features like porcelain veneers which are stain resistant.
Things You Should Know Before You Get Veneers
- Before getting veneers, your teeth must be prepared. This is done by removing a small layer of enamel on your teeth. Please note that this process cannot be undone.
- Once the layer of enamel is removed, a mound is made. This is when you and your dentist talk a little more about the shape, shade, and size of your veneers.
- The mould of your teeth will be sent to the dental lab. Here, they will create custom veneers for you, and this process can take several days. In the meantime, you may be wearing temporary veneers.
- During your next visit to the dentist, your veneers are checked to see how they fit every tooth. Once the adjustments are made, the veneers are bonded to your teeth.
- Your teeth must be healthy and cavity-free before you get veneers. The same goes for gums.
- In some cases, veneers are not recommended for people who grind their teeth. However, their dentist could advise them to wear a dental night guard if they still choose to get veneers.
- With good oral hygiene and precaution, veneers could last anywhere from 10 to 30 years. Still, it is possible for them to come loose, and when they do, they need to be replaced.
Why Buy Clip In Veneers?
Our Clip In Veneers from Need That Smile are affordable, easy and quick to use. For a low price you could have a beautiful smile without breaking the bank – and it’s completely pain free. We’ve helped literally thousands of people get back their smile, and our reviews are testament to our amazing veneers! No more expensive dentist visits, or troublesome operations, simply pop them into your mouth and instantly feel more confident. View our online shop to start your perfect smile journey today!